A patent is an exclusive right granted by the state to an inventor over his invention results in the field of technology for a certain period of time to implement its own inventions or give consent to others to carry it (Act No. 13 of 2016 on Patents Article 1 paragraph 1).
A patentable invention can be a product or a process that gives a new technical solution to a problem. It can also be a new method of doing things, the composition of a new product, or a technical improvement on how certain objects work.
Once it is granted, its term of a patent is 20 years from the Date of Filing, subject to the payment of annual renewal fees.
Once you register a patent, apart from using the patent to prevent others from exploiting your invention, you can employ it to raise funds for your business, license it to third parties for commercial returns or sell the patented invention.
1. Novelty – The invention should not be publicly known in any way, anywhere in the world.
2. Inventive step – The invention must be something that represents an improvement over any existing product or process that is already available.
3. Industrial applicability – The invention must be useful and have some form of practical application. It should be capable of being made or used in some form of industry
1. Any process or product of which the announcement and use or implementation contravenes the prevailing rules and regulations, religious morality, public order or ethics;>
2. Any method of examination, treatment, medication, and/or surgery applied to humans and/or animals;
3. Any theory and method in the field of science and mathematics; or all living creatures, except micro-organism
Any biological process which is essential in producing plant or animal, except non-biological process or microbiological process.
1.Conducting a patent search;
2.Preparing and filing patent applications in Indonesia and further prosecution including filing a request for substantive examination, reporting and responding to an office action up to the patent grant;
3.Preparing, filing and prosecuting a PCT international application through WIPO and the PCT national phases or convention patent applications in any foreign countries;
4.Translating patent documents English-Indonesian and Indonesian-English;
5.Attending payments for annuity fees with the Indonesian Patent Office;
6.Recording assignments and/or change of data of a patent application/patent;
7.Counseling on patentability of an invention.